First time here?

Please see the very first post for an explanation of the purpose of this blog.

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

The Current Crisis In Alcoholics Anonymous

Sorry folks… I have taken on quite a few service responsibilities within my home group and my district.  I’ve also taken on some commitments carrying the message into various institutions.  In addition, giving my attention to the men that I sponsor, and more importantly, my wife at home, and our baby on the way… not to mention working full-time.  So, assuming I can delegate some of these responsibilities to others, I will try to make more regular entries.  This is presuming that some of you are actually reading this blog.

I had a few free minutes tonight, and I put together an image that I believe quite accurately depicts the current state of Alcoholics Anonymous.  I hope you like it.

AA

4 comments:

  1. I just retired from over 35 years of all kinds of construction work. This scene reminds me of "To many Chiefs not enough Indians". I see 4 hand tools laying on the ground 1 guy leaning on a shovel and really everybody standing around with thier thumb up thier you know what. Hand tools are made for your hand not the ground, if the guy who's paying for this sees this going on he'll feel cheated. The 2 guys sitting down are fired already the rest of you can stand thier and give advice if you want but at least look like you care about what's going on. I'm just glad to see no one has a Beer. And yeah I read your posts when I can.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I MORE than get this post. Here is a REAL alcoholic digging himself deeper and deeper into a hole as middle of the road AAers shout out those TOXIC, FATAL, sayings that if we dont start screaming from the roof tops, will continue to kill alcohlics trying to recover. Great photo and analogy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Classic !!!!
    A very serious and tragic undertone as well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know you meant it as : the guy in the hole is the big book guy who is avtually doing dome real work. That works fab. But-before I zoomed in on the photo (Im viewing this on my little phone) I hadnt seen the 'Thumper" sign. So my first impression was of those other slogan-parroters standing around throwing those power-less slogans at the poir real alcoholic as he just keeps digging himself deeper into hos hole. Ie: the slogans have no power over his actions. This view of your picture works also. Beaut

    ReplyDelete